Friday, July 22, 2005

Case of the Non-Round Wheel

Hello - I would like to start out by rehashing a war story which I am sure shawn is sick of. I, personally, crack up every time I think of it. I guess we could call it the "case of the non-round wheel," and it goes like this: Back in Sept. 2004, on an extremely bumpy dirt road, to a place known as "The land in the Middle," in the Amazonian state of Para, Shawn decided to take over the pilot's seat of our rental car. I drive too slow, he said, and Marjon, our Dutch radio journalist friend, doesn't drive. So here we are blowing up a cloud of dust in a Volkswagen Gol, one of the most economical cars made in Brazil, on the way to Never Land. After a while one of us (i don't remember who) says "I think we have a flat." We stopped to look. The result is what you see in the photos.

As you can see, it is clearly a Non-round wheel.
DHE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home